As we continue to celebrate our 20th anniversary, see our most recent newsletter feature! https://conta.cc/3NzXyMh
- June 2001:Behavioral Directions, LLC is founded by Dr. Barbin as a private practice delivering comprehensive services in Clinical Psychology and ABA to individuals with developmental disabilities throughout the Metro DC area.
- December 2001:Dr. Barbin completes her role as the Founding Director of The Ivymount Autism Program in Rockville, MD which she directed from its inception in 1998.
- November 2003:Dr. Barbin serves as President of the Maryland Association for Behavior Analysis (MABA), a state chapter affiliate of the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI).
- October 2005: The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) proudly recognizes Dr. Barbin for her contributions to the autism community.
- March 2006: Dr. Barbin begins serving on the Board of Directors for the Association for Science in Autism Treatment (ASAT), advocating for evidence-based practice and stronger protection for consumers at the national level.
- May 2009:The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) initiates an ongoing role for Dr. Barbin as a Grant Reviewer for their Applied Research Competition and as contributor to various Life Journey Through Autism series guides.
- June 2011:To date, Dr. Barbin has authored over 10 journal publications in the fields of psychology and autism research.
- June 2012:Through member nomination, Dr. Barbin begins serving as a Board Member for the Association of Professional Behavior Analysts (APBA).
- May 2016: Behavioral Directions’ intensive ABA clinic-based services are developed, using a tiered model with behavior technicians supervised by Dr. Barbin. Intensive Practicum and Supervised Fieldwork experiences are offered for BCBA trainees, and Behavioral Directions becomes an affiliated practicum site for the Florida Institute of Technology Behavior Analysis Training Program.
- September 2016:Behavioral Directions initiates Executive Functioning (EF) skills training groups using the Unstuck and On Target© curriculum to add to current innovative and evidence-based treatment services offered to the community. Ongoing EF treatment protocols have continued since that time.
- January 2017:To date, Dr. Barbin has conducted over 60 presentations pertaining to Applied Behavior Analysis, mild to severe problem behaviors, parent training, school consultation, early childhood intervention for children with ASD, and effective autism treatment, at the local, regional and national level.
- September 2020: As continuing Co-Chair of the Conference Committee for the Virginia Association for Behavior Analysis (VABA), an ABAI state chapter affiliate, Dr. Barbin serves VABA in supporting the practice of behavior analysis across the state. Conference planning for 2023 is currently underway!
- June 2022:For nearly two decades, Dr. Barbin has been an Independent Educational Evaluator for Fairfax and Loudoun public schools, conducting functional behavior assessments (FBAs) and supporting teachers and students in best practices to help students thrive and to build school capacity.
Over the last two decades, Dr. Barbin has continued her work as an advocate for, and staunch supporter of, individuals with special needs. She would say that, in addition to supporting her clinic team, working with school and multi-disciplinary teams is one of her favorite roles.